How can you restore your self-confidence, retrieve your identity and set yourself for success if you have been on a career break? More and more, people are taking a break for a multitude of reasons, whether they want to take time to take on a different track to do something else with their careers, to learn something new, because of parenthood, a sickness in the family or relocation, or even because they have reached a certain point in their careers that they don’t feel fulfilled anymore.
What happens then?
Most people lose self-confidence after they’ve been out of the workforce for a while. Studies show that people who have been out of the workforce for 11 months already show a feeling of lost voice, lost self-confidence
and a feeling that they may not be able to have new accomplishments and successes in their life.
Ana Kertesz, HOWto.LIVEIt Founder & CEO, talks to Executive & Career Coach Paula Homor on strategies that people can follow to regain their confidence and unleash their full potential after a career break. Paula shares a roadmap to help people get back on track including exercises and tools people can use to live a more meaningful and fulfilling life, honoring their passions and purposes, and becoming who they want to be. Get Paula’s expert profile here.
What you will get
– A step-by-step on retrieving your self-confidence and feeling energized to get back on track
– An understanding of why self-awareness matters
– A trigger to help you think about what matters most to you? What gives you a sense of fulfillment?
– A framework for you to think about your strengths
– The timeline exercise to help you think about what energizes you, what makes you happy as an indication of your strengths and talents
– An introduction to the 360 questionnaire
Our favorite quote
“If you don’t know who you are, what matters to you, what you are good at, it’s very difficult to start exploring options, because you might feel inspired by someone else’s story and it might be the wrong path for you, that will not bring you the meaning and fulfillment you could have”.