Difficult times are difficult. There’s no question about that. However, one of the cornerstones of resilience is the capacity to recover from the hardships that life inevitably has – and more than that, to see the incredible opportunities that difficult times also offer, once you open your mind to see them.
Here are the key 8 questions you should ask yourself to change your mindset from seeing difficult times as challenges to seeing them as opportunities.
1. WHAT MATTERS MOST TO ME?
2. WHO ARE CLOSE PEOPLE WHOM I CAN PROCESS MY FEAR WITH?
3. HOW CAN I LIMIT ANXIETY PRODUCING SITUATIONS?
4. HOW CAN I ESTABLISH A DEEPER CONNECTION TO MY PURPOSE?
5. HOW CAN I PREPARE FOR POTENTIAL CHALLENGES?
6. WHICH BOUNDARIES CAN I SET?
7. HOW CAN I BEST TAKE CARE OF MY MIND AND BODY?
8. WHICH NEW OPPORTUNITIES CAN I EXPLORE?
Staying grounded in difficult time doesn’t mean that you’re not afraid. It means that you can also see the opportunities.