Time is what we want most but also what we use worst. How can you get more done in less time? The answer is task batching.
Tell me more
Task batching is a process in which you group similar activities together to improve your focus and productivity. Task batching makes large projects digestible and improves your productivity while reducing mistakes, since you are more focused on the tasks at hand.
Ok, so how does it work?
- Make a list of every thing you need to get done for each week
- Group similar tasks together
- Set a schedule and put it on your calendar
- Block time for batching your tasks – ideally in 2-3 hour time slots
- Off you go! Tick items off your list
- Review your process every week to see what else you can improve
Give me some examples
For example, if you are creating content for your business, you can group together actual research & content creation, then images & graphic, then planning & sharing content. You can also group batch “business development” tasks such as starting new connections, following up with clients, interacting with users on social media, on your website, via email. There’s huge benefit in batching taking photos and creating videos, as they are all time consuming and you will have them ready for when you need to.
Ok, I’m convinced
No more dreading your to do list (and your Sunday nights). Give it a try and share with us some of the best practices you have learned along the way!